Gallagher Accounts Payable Analyst Supervisor in Rolling Meadows, Illinois
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., one of the world's largest insurance brokers, provides a full range of retail and wholesale property/casualty (P/C) brokerage and alternative risk transfer services globally, as well as employee benefit brokerage, consulting, and actuarial services in the United States. We also offer claims and information management, risk control consulting, and appraisal services to clients around the world.
Arthur J. Gallagher Risk Management Services, Inc. is the U.S. retail property/casualty brokerage division of Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. Our advisors specialize by industry and coverage types—developing solutions uniquely tailored to individual client requirements. We deliver a full range of insurance and risk management products and services, including traditional and loss-sensitive coverages, captives, alternative risk solutions, and financial products to clients around the world. For additional information, please refer to Career Opportunities at http://jobs.ajg.com/ with Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
The Accounts Payable Analyst Supervisor reports directly to the Accounts Payable Analyst Manager within the Gallagher Global Division (GGB). The Supervisor will be responsible for leading and overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Onshore and Offshore Premium Payable team. The role functions as the subject matter expert for agency bill premium projects, process improvement initiatives, and leads a team of analysts. This position identifies trends in data and implements business process improvements that will lead to a positive impact on operation effectiveness. Serve as project lead on premium insurance projects from planning stage through the implementation. Provide guidance to Analysts for resolution of complex issues.
• Demonstrate skill in leading and managing professional personnel including the delegation of responsibility, motivation, and development of professional skills and attitudes.
• Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Provide leadership to daily operations with the ability to evaluate impact of change workload and make adjustments as needed to meet specified deadlines.
• Ability to work independently in setting priorities to ensure that responsibilities are action in an accurate and timely fashion.
• Responsibly for the oversight of both the offshore and onshore teams to ensure processes are managed according to procedure along with holding the team accountable and educate on areas of improvement.
• Work closely with the Acquisition and Integration team to ensure a smooth transition and accurate handoff to payables.
• Provide exceptional customer service in explaining and responding to questions received from front office operations and other accounting departments.
• Reviews and ensure accounting procedures are appropriately documented, assists in the on-going documentation and makes recommendations to increase effectiveness and accuracy.
• Maintain control over accounting transactions to ensure integrity of all financial sub-systems and interfaces
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with staff within the accounting department, with other office personnel, and with outside departments
• Work closely with Treasury concerning daily banking activity such as wires, ACH, and checks
• Skill in analyzing information, practices or systems to identify problems, identify patterns, trends and relationships, formulate logical and objective conclusions, recognize alternatives and their implications, and prepare reports.
Skill in analyzing information, practices or systems to identify problems, identify patterns, trends and relationships, formulate logical and objective conclusions, recognize alternatives and their implications, and prepare reports.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of computerized general ledger and subsidiary systems with an understanding of the flow of information and maintain the integrity of general ledgers with the ability to recommend enhancements and modifications as necessary.
• Ability to adjust working hours and, if necessary, work overtime to meet the needs of the office and reporting deadlines
• Written communication skills to prepare clear and concise correspondence at a level appropriate for the intended audience.
• Manage the development and preparation of internal reports for management
• Review and approve journal entries.
• Participate in special projects as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or Insurance Designation
• Minimum 7 years of supervisory experience
• Minimum 5 years analyst or similar accounting experience
• Minimum 2 years of insurance brokerage accounting experience
• Proficient in Excel, Word and Presentation
• Agency management system experience strongly desired
• Occasional travel
• Fast pace environment
• Ability to work additional hours as needed to meet individual, team and department goals.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
Must be 18 years of age or older
Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement, which require, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Organization: GGB US - Management
Title: Accounts Payable Analyst Supervisor
Location: Illinois-Rolling Meadows
Requisition ID: 49686