Gallagher Voice Engineer in Rolling Meadows, Illinois
Arthur J. Gallagher, Inc. at http://www.ajg.com , one of the world's largest insurance brokerage and risk management services firms, provides a full range of retail and wholesale property/casualty (P/C) brokerage and alternative risk transfer services globally, as well as employee benefit brokerage, consulting and actuarial services. AJG also offers claims and information management, risk control consulting and appraisal services to clients around the world. If you're looking for a professional career with an industry leader then you have come to the right place. Wherever your interests lie, we're sure you will agree on one thing: our continued prosperity hinges on our greatest resource --- our people.
Position Summary :
The Unified Communications Voice Engineer will collaborate with cross-functional teams to assist in designing solutions for AJG US and International business units, partners and customers. The Voice Engineer will build, deploy, and support the solutions in conjunction with other engineering and operations resources.
• Will work with Infrastructure leadership, other IS teams and business units to engineer, document and deploy UC (voice, video, etc) solutions.
• Assist in researching and evaluating UC solutions as well as installation, and testing of UC hardware and software for voice, data and video, high-availability and disaster recovery.
• Installs, troubleshoots, and supports technical solutions in a world-class infrastructure.
• Develops and documents models, plans, diagrams, illustrations, and procedures in support of engineering activities and UC related business initiatives.
• Participates in regular meetings and conference calls with customers and IT staff to help qualify opportunities and technical solutions.
• Creates capital expenditure (CAPEX) requests and tracks the progress of hardware & software orders.
• Plans, coordinates and executes major upgrades of UC infrastructure.
• Follows architecture diagrams and documentation for solution deployment.
• Develops and maintains operational support documentation.
• Acts as a point of escalation for operations team
- Associate's degree and 5 or more years related experience required.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
Must be 18 years of age or older
Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement, which require, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Corp - Home Office
Title: Voice Engineer
Location: Illinois-Rolling Meadows
Requisition ID: 49305